Sunday, November 13, 2011

Peacock Party


I suppose I was feeling blue today, as in really digging the color, not being sad. :) I wanted to play around a bit with the colors I have seeing as how I've neglected it for a while. I've done a lot of purple recently, but I thought why not create something with both colors.


These were the items I used (plus a pair of lashes and various brushes).
Sugarpill's Burning Heart Palette - Poison Plum
Loreal's Wear Infinite Studio Secrets - White Powder
Loreal's HIP - Showy 224
Revlon's Illuminance Creme Shadow - Electric Pop 712
Maybelline's Expert Wear Eyeshadow - Electric 130
Liquid Eyeliner/Pencil Eyeliner

I started off with some blue brows, foundation, powder, and blush.

Afterward, I applied the light blue Revlon's Illuminance Creme shadow to the lids and swiped some white powder under the brows to the crease.

I don't know about you guys but I always have to complete one eye before the other. It's difficult for me to go back and forth doing the blending and whatnot. Maybe I'm just weird! Either way, after the white shadow and creme was applied, I took the Maybelline's Expert eyewear and applied it over the creme. Sometimes I'll use the creme as a primer compared to an actual primer. It's always worked really well for me.

Then I moved onto the Loreal HIP eyeshadow, using the darker blue out of the two that I applied mid eyelid, sweeping it out a little further than the corner of the eye. I blended with a blender brush.

Using Sugarpill's Poison Plum (one of my favorite brands, by the way), I followed the crease above the blues and blended out, giving a sort of wing.

Follow up with some liquid eyeliner above the lashes (I usually do a little cat eye, but not too much.) Mascara, pencil liner to line the bottom lid, and some fake lashes and you've got the look!

Tada!

1 comment:

  1. Love the makeup!!!

    I've giving you an award go check my blog =)xxx
    http://headsandnails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete